IMPORTANT: All CE Documents are accessible online. Please find the CE document link by scrolling down this event page.
FREE VIDEO TELECONFERENCE/LIVE STREAMING CE EVENT
Please join the UAMS Arkansas Geriatric Education Collaborative (AGEC), a Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP) and the UAMS Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging for a FREE video teleconference for healthcare professionals, non-healthcare professionals, and other interested persons, regarding:
“Safe Opioid Prescribing Practices and Older Adults and Substance Abuse and Misuse Among Older Adults”
Our speakers are Dr. Masil George and Dr. Denise Compton
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: 629 Jack Stephens Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205 / Jo Ellen Ford Auditorium (ground floor), Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging
Three viewing options are available:
1) Attend the event in Little Rock at the address above
2) Watch from a computer via UAMS Blackboard Collaborate CLICK HERE TO LIVE STREAM
3) The Centers on Aging will host live stream/webinar rooms at their locations. VTC network is not available for this program; however, live stream should work for anyone with internet connection.
TIP: For best viewing quality, Blackboard Collaborate operates a higher quality signal with hardline computers (as opposed to a wireless laptop connection)
If you experience technical difficulties:
STEP 1: First please verify you are using google chrome.
STEP 2: If that doesn’t correct the issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact phone number and indicate you are attempting to join Arkansas Geriatric Education Collaborative Network
Location: Participants may view the conference on the UAMS Campus in the Jo Ellen Ford Auditorium at the Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging at 625 Jack Stephens Drive in Little Rock, Arkansas, via webinar on http://www.agec.org and at the Centers on Aging (COAs) located in: Hot Springs, Jonesboro, Springdale, Pine Bluff, Texarkana, Fort Smith and El Dorado.
For reminders and updates, pre-register at Dec. 13 Eventbrite Link
MATERIALS and CE information:
This program is approved for the following disciplines:
- Nursing/Social Workers
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- LTC Administrators
NOTE: ALL participants should complete sign in sheet in their applicable category. Click link below for applicable CE documents:
Parking is available in Parking Deck 3, at the corner of 4th and Cedar Streets. Unfortunately, tickets are not validated.
Do I have to bring my ticket to the program?
Email us at email@example.com.
1. Provide the framework for understanding & assessing chronic pain.
2. Describe the good, bad & ugly aspects of prescription opioid pain medications.
3. Define the role of opioids in managing chronic non-malignant pain in the geriatric outpatient setting.
4. Cite tips to ensure prescriber responsibility & patient safety.
5. Describe the long-term cognitive effects of alcohol in the older adult.
6. Cite some risk factors related to substance abuse in late life.