- This event has passed.
APRN Geriatric Pharmacology Conference
April 11 @ 8:45 am - 3:30 pm| $75.00
The Arkansas Aging Initiative (AAI) along with co-sponsors - the Arkansas Geriatric Education Center (AGEC) and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS) present the “APRN Geriatric Pharmacology Conference” . Scheduled date and time for the conference is April 11, 2014, from 8:45 am to 3:30 pm. The conference may be attended at the originating site – Donald W. Reynolds Institute of Aging in the Jo Ellen Ford Auditorium at 529 Jack Stephens Drive in Little Rock, AR or by video teleconference at the Centers of Aging (see participating sites below). The purpose of this conference is to educate Advanced Practice Nurses and Pharmacists on clinical applications and pharmacokinetics of selected pharmacologic agents in older adults. This program is designed to fulfill the requirement for APRNs with prescriptive authority to obtain continuing education hours in advanced pharmacotherapeutics. Application for 5 units of CE for both pharmacists and APRNs have been filed with the appropriate accredited approving organizations. Dynamic speakers and topics include:
Parkinson’s Drugs: What’s Old and What’s New – Lisa Hutchison, PharmD
New Treatments in Wound Care – Robert Kleinhenz, MD
Advancements in Anticoagulation – Sloan Regen, PharmD
Efficacious Treatment of Infectious Diseases in Older Adults – Jordan McPherson, PharmD
Constipation Breakthrough: OTC and Prescriptive Therapy – Dale Terrell, MD
A copy of the brochure and participating sites with specific contact information is below.
- Brochure (click on link):AGEC Pharmacology Conference Brochure
- Participating Site Information (click on link): Center on Aging Contact Information
- Pre-registration fee on or before April 04, 2014 – $75.00
- Registration fee after April 04, 2014 – $100.00
- Registration fee includes lunch. No refunds are available after April 04, 2014.
- To register, copy this link and place it in your browser: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apn-geriatric-pharmacology-conference-tickets-9611613595
Program Evaluation Form – Formal Overall Evaluation Form APRN Geri Pharm Conf
Speaker Evaluation Form – Speaker Evaluation Forms APRN Geri Pharm Conf
Participant Profile – Participant Profile
Site Codes – Site and Codes
If you have any questions about the conference, please call Clarke Sherrod at 501.686.8762.