Since its inception, the AGEC has fulfilled its mission through several avenues. Strategies include:
- Expand educational opportunities for health professionals practicing in rural and medically underserved areas in Arkansas.
- Develop and disseminate new curricula, courses, materials and experiences for students in the health professions, including public health and medicine, enrolled in institutions of the AGEC consortium that relate to the treatment of health and socio-economic challenges for elderly individuals.
- Offer opportunities for education and training in geriatrics to didactic or clinical faculty who teach or supervise students in the health professions.
- Support continuing education of health professionals who provide geriatric care throughout Arkansas.
- Provide students with clinical training in geriatrics in settings such as nursing homes, chronic and acute care hospitals, ambulatory care centers (AII COAs) and senior centers (AAA).
- Develop a comprehensive evaluation plan that addresses primary, secondary and tertiary outcomes.